WS - 1
Mobile Radio Access Network Exploitation
The most accessible segment of a mobile network is Radio Access Network or RAN, which handle the subscriber signals. In this talk, we will demonstrate mobile Radio Access Network concepts and talk about weaknesses, vulnerabilities, risks and practical hacking scenarios.
Course Content (ToC):
- Mobile network architecture
- Radio Access Network, Telecom basics and core concepts
- Radio Access Network Vulnerabilities and attack vectors
- Radio Access Network Information discloser attack
- Radio Access Network fraud attacks
- Radio Access Network availability disruption
- Radio Access Network Security Hardening Solutions
All attendees must have a basic knowledge of computer networks, information security or penetration testing.
Attendees must bring their own laptop with virtualization environment with a Linux OS like Kali. Also may need hard drive like: USB flash or external HDD.
Who should attend:
- Security Researchers
- Penetration Testers
- Telecom Experts
- Network Security Consultants
What to expect:
At the end of this training, you will be able to perform security assessment, penetration test and provide hardening solutions on mobile networks. In this workshop, we will cover the following :
- Mobile radio network basics and core concepts
- Mobile radio threats and vulnerabilities
- Mobile radio practical security assessment and penetration test
- Mobile radio network security hardening solutions
What not to expect:
All attendees should not expect to run the exercise and practical Labs on a live radio signal.
Ali Abdollahi a Network and Information security consultant with over 8 years of experience working in a variety of security fields. Currently the cyber security division manager, Board of review at Hakin9, Pentest &eForensic magazine and instructor at eForensic magazine. Ali is a self-confessed bug hunter, publisher of many vulnerabilities and CVEs and author of two books and some articles in field of cyber security. Ali has a unique knowledge originated from the excellent projects and a passion to present in field of telecom security.